18th Legislative District Reorganization Meeting
December 12, 2018 @ 6:30PM
- Sign-in is required at check-in.
Eligible voters shall be limited to PCOs elected during the August 7th, 2018 Primary (including any PCOs who were elected without appearing on a ballot because they were the only person to file in their precincts).
- Eligible voters will be issued ballots.
- A 50% + 1 majority vote of members present and voting is necessary to approve any vote unless otherwise noted.
The meeting shall be called to order by the Temporary Chair.
- The Temporary Chair shall preside until the election of the new Chair.
- The Temporary Chair shall review the Proposed Rules with the Body.
- The Body shall vote to approve the meeting Rules.
Election of officers shall proceed in the following order:
- Vice Chair
- Two State Committee Members of Different Genders*
- Communications Officer
- PCO Coordination Officer
- Community Affairs Officer
- Volunteer Coordination Officer
Process for nominating and electing all positions shall include the following:
- Call for nominations
- Close nominations
One minute nomination speech for all candidates
- Order of speeches determined by order of nominations.
- Three minute speech for all candidates.
- Speakers for all races may be PCOs, candidates, or Democratic residents of the County or Legislative District.
- In accordance with 18th LD Bylaws, no proxy voting is permitted.
- When precinct committee officers vote for organizational officers (e.g., chair, vice chair, secretary, treasurer, state committeepersons), they do not have to vote by signed ballot provided that there is a mechanism to ensure the eligibility of those who cast ballots (e.g., a check-off list, sign-in-sheet, ballot receipts). (WSD Charter, Article VII.G.2)
To see a list of declared candidates statements, click here.