Please join the Washington State 18th Legislative District Democrats as we hold our February 2020 meeting at the Salmon Creek Round Table Pizza on Wednesday, February 19th at 7:00pm. PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF LOCATION - THE SALMON CREEK PIZZA IS CLOSED DUE TO CONSTRUCTION. WE WILL MEET AT THE CAMAS ROUND TABLE PIZZA INSTEAD.
The Agenda will include:
- Officers' reports;
- Committee reports;
- Candidate updates;
- Nomination and election of 18th LD representatives to committees at the 2020 WA State Democrats Convention (see below).
We hope to see you on Wednesday, February 19th!
For additional information, please contact Candy Bonneville, 18th LD Democrats Chair, at [email protected]
Committee positions to represent the 18th LD at the 2020 WA State Democrats Convention in Tacoma, June 11-14
At the upcoming 2020 Washington State Democrats Convention in Tacoma, June 11-14, each LD and County Party organization may elect representatives to sit on three convention committees. These committees require a great deal of work, and in some cases travel above and beyond attending the convention (see descriptions below). Representatives should be certain that they can fulfill the duties listed below, and will be in attendance during the entirety of the convention from June 11-14.
If you would like to represent the 18th LD in one of these positions, you may nominate yourself (or have someone else nominate you) at the February general meeting. You will have an opportunity to give a 1 minute statement, and a ballot vote (or acclamation vote if uncontested) will be held to elect the representative. You do not need to be present to be nominated, but it would be wise to inform the chair ahead of time that you intend to run, and ask another member to nominate you in absentia.
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy, inclusivity, and transparency.
- Flexibility and the judgement/experience to create digital and physical systems that work for local parties with diverse needs and memberships.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight time constraints.
- Possess prior credentials committee experience, at the local or state level.
- Possess a working knowledge of credentialing process.
- Working knowledge of DSAAP Rules.
- Ability to attend a State Convention Credentials Committee meeting prior to the June Convention. Dates and locations to be determined.
- Must be available to attend the State Democratic Convention on June 11-14, in Tacoma.
- Working knowledge of the existing party platform.
- Working knowledge of the current resolutions process.
- Experience drafting successfully passed clear and concise resolutions at the local or state level.
- Possess prior platform committee experience, at the local or state level.
Ability to attend ideally all, if not the majority, of the State Platform Committee meetings in Ellensburg WA, and must be available to attend the State Democratic Convention on June 11-14, in Tacoma;
- Saturday, May 9th, 2019, in Ellensburg
- Saturday, May 16th, 2019, in Ellensburg
- Sunday, May 17th, 2019, in Ellensburg
- Saturday, May 23rd, 2019, in Ellensburg
Rules Committee Members
- Demonstrated parliamentary experience
Working knowledge and understanding of State Charter, By-Laws and DSAAP Rules.
- Prior rules committee experience, at local or state level.
- Working knowledge of credentialing process.
- Ability to attend at least one, potentially two, State Rules Committee meetings prior to the Convention and must be available to attend the State Democratic Convention on June 11-14, in Tacoma. Dates and locations of meeting(s) prior to Convention are still to be determined.
3136 NE 3rd Ave
Camas, WA 98607
Google map and directions